OWN THE ROOM WEBSITE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice applies to the Personal Data that is obtained, collected or used by Blue Planet Training, Inc. D/B/A Own The Room or its affiliates (collectively referred to in this document as “Own The Room”).
Own The Room appreciates the interest you have shown by using our services and products, visiting our website or other online communication channels, including, but not limited to, our social media channels, newsletters, blogs (together the “Own The Room Pages”). This Privacy Notice also applies to all the Personal Data that we collect when you interact with any Own The Room Pages, such as when you visit our website, when you purchase or use the products or services we offer, when you subscribe to our newsletter, when you contact us via our website, email or phone, when you use our mobile applications or when you connect to our cloud-based services. This includes, without limitation, all online and offline collection of any type of Personal Data.
WHY WE ASK YOU TO SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We ask you to share your personal data with us for purposes including, but not limited to:
- Request information about Own The Room’s services and products
- Help us to develop training products and create campaigns that are designed around you, optimize services and continuously improve our online and offline services or solutions
- Help us to improve products and services, and allowing Own The Room to keep you informed of, or involve you in testing of, new services or products
- Provide feedback about your experiences with us (for example submitting feedback on Apple’s App Store or Google Play store or participate in service or product testing or surveys)
- By sharing your personal data with Own The Room, you help us collect market information and optimize our services and products, and continuously improve the Own The Room Pages. We generally process your personal data only for the purposes that we have communicated with you. If we use it for other closely related purposes, additional data protection measures will be implemented when required by law.
DIFFERENT WAYS WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You share your personal data with Own The Room in several ways, but not limited to:
- Registering on our www.owntheroom.com website to receive our newsletter
- Other communications with Own The Room such as:
- Participate in Own The Room online communities, including our social media channels and pages and blogs
- Service or product-related, and may include the contents of your questions to us, or requests you addressed to us
- Communicating with us via email, chat or phone or in writing
- Participating in a survey or competition
- Participating in a social media activity related to a Own The Room promotion (for example clicking “like” or “share”)
- Asking to receive messages on your mobile phone/device
- Apply for job with us by submitting your resume
- By receiving personalized messages, special offers and advertisements that are relevant to your interests, based on the information you have shared with us and on the information we have collected through Cookies, or similar techniques regarding your use of the Own The Room Pages
- Subscribing to a Own The Room newsletter or RSS feed
- Voluntarily participating in Service and product testing or surveys
- Social sign-on (e.g. using your Facebook or LinkedIn credentials) to create an account or log on
- When using Own The Room connected products and/or Apps, you may be asked whether you wish to share data with Own The Room (e.g. share your usage data or your location data)
- Cookies placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit the Own The Room Pages
- Social Listening: Own The Room may search the Internet for relevant and publicly available content and use it to improve its products or services, resolve consumer issues and provide targeted marketing.
Personal data may also reach us when we purchase or partner with another company of which you are a customer. If you do not want Own The Room to use your personal data that has not been provided by you directly to us, let us know at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH OTHERS
We may share your personal data with service providers, business partners and other third parties, in accordance with applicable law.
The agreements with these business partners and third party service providers will limit the purposes for which your personal data can be used and disclosed, and will require your personal data to be adequately safeguarded. Own The Room will disclose personal data only in conformance with this Privacy Notice and/or when required by law.
From time to time, Own The Room may sell a business or a part of a business to another company. Such a transfer of ownership could include the transfer of your personal data directly related to that business to the purchasing company.
Once you have provided us with your personal data, you have reasonable access to that information so that you can update, modify or, if legally possible, delete it by contacting Own The Room at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also be provided with an opt-out opportunity when necessary.
We encourage you to keep your personal settings and personal data complete and current.
The information you provide may be transferred to third party countries in providing you with the services. For any third party countries that do not have similar protections in place regarding your data and restrictions on its use as set out in this policy, we will take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information. By submitting your information you consent to these transfers for the purposes specified above.
We strive to know you better so we can serve you better – while at the same time respecting your choices about how we use your Personal Data.
Your personal data may be transferred from your home country to other Own The Room companies, in different locations around the world, which may communicate with you about Own The Room services, products, services or special offers that you may be interested in. If local law requires it, we will ask for prior consent to transfer your personal data outside of your geographic region.
Where local law requires it, we will ask you to “opt-in” or affirmatively consent to the processing of your Personal Data. For example, where local law requires it, we will only send you newsletters, or other info, if you have subscribed to them. Similarly, where local law require, we will ask you to “opt-in” before using user profiling techniques.
You will always have the option to unsubscribe from any targeted communication from Own The Room or change your personal profile information by emailing us at email@example.com. We will respond to your access and/or correction request within 4 weeks.
When you participate in various social media forums like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Tencent, Baidu, LinkedIn, etc., you should be familiar with and understand the tools provided by those sites that allow you to make choices about how you share the personal data in your social media profile(s).
Also, depending on the choices you have made regarding your settings on various social media sites (and/or in combination with your settings on the Own The Room Pages), certain personal data may be shared with Own The Room, about your online activities and social media profiles.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
During your online journey across websites such as www.owntheroom.com, you may encounter links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from Own The Room, and may have their own privacy notices, statements or policies. We strongly suggest that you review them to understand how your Personal Data may be processed in connection with those sites, as we are not responsible for the content of non-Own The Room owned or managed sites, or the use or privacy practices of those sites.
We may obtain the information you provide when you register with us or you contact us through certain feedback channels. Such information may include your name, e-mail address, username, password and/or other Personal Data. In addition, the mobile app may collect certain information automatically upon your consent, such as the type of mobile device you use, the device’s unique ID and IP address, your mobile device’s operating system, the type of browsers you use, and information about the location of your mobile device. You can stop the related processing of information by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Own The Room may store your Personal Data in a cloud. This means that your Personal Data may be processed on behalf of Own The Room by a cloud service provider and could be stored in different locations around the world. Own The Room makes use of organizational and contractual measures to protect your personal data and to impose similar, but in no way less restrictive, requirements on our cloud services providers, including requirements that your personal data be processed exclusively for the purposes mentioned above.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We recognize and take seriously our responsibility to protect the Personal Data you entrust to us from loss, misuse or unauthorized access. Own The Room uses a variety of security technologies and organizational procedures to help protect your Personal Data. For example, we implement access controls, use firewalls, secure servers and encrypt certain types of data, such as financial information and other sensitive data.
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR PARENTS OR GUARDIANS
While Own The Room Pages are not generally targeted at children under the age of 16, it is Own The Room’s policy to comply with applicable laws when they require parent or guardian permission before collecting, using or disclosing information of children under the age of 16.
Own The Room strongly recommends that parents and guardians take an active role in supervising the online activities of their children. If you believe we have collected personal data from a person who is under the age of 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
The services that Own The Room provides are always evolving and the form and nature of these services may change from time to time without prior notice to you. For this reason, we reserve the right to change or add to this Privacy Notice from time to time and post any material revisions on our website.
We will post a prominent notice on our Privacy Notice page to notify you of any significant changes to this Privacy Notice, and will indicate when it was most recently updated. We encourage you to check back often to review the latest version.