WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR POTENTIAL COACHES WHO HAVE A BACKGROUND IN SALES
Own The Room trains executives and leaders at top companies to become more powerful communicators, managers, leaders, and Salespeople.
We are looking for outstanding professionals with a Sales background who have a gift for teaching and a passion for helping people learn. Sound like you? If so, consider applying to become a Sales Coach with Own The Room.
The next deadline for Sales Coach applications is February 15.
THE ADVANTAGES OF BEING A SALES COACH / WHAT TO EXPECT
- Own The Room Coaches have the opportunity to work hand-in-hand with some of the world’s leading organizations (think: companies like Facebook, WeWork, and L’Oreal), and with individuals, nonprofits, and growing businesses around the globe. You’ll also get to work with and learn from a diverse group of amazingly talented Coaches, including an Emmy-nominated writer, a former fitness champion, a former leader in pharma sales, and a host of other fun people from a range of industries.
- When you become a Coach with Own The Room, you’ll receive training in our trademarked methodology. All new Coaches join our Coach Academy program, which includes virtual training and feedback plus in-person teaching practice with participants alongside experienced Coaches. We’re dedicated to providing ongoing learning and development opportunities for all Coaches, both in-person and virtually.
- Unlike other training companies, we provide the customers and organize the workshops, so the only thing our Coaches have to do is what they do best: help people grow. You’ll have the flexibility to shape your schedule, build your expertise, explore your passion, or plan your transition into a full-time coaching career. Wherever Own The Room coaching takes you, you’ll go to work knowing you’ve helped countless professionals improve their careers and lives.
- As a Sales Coach with Own The Room, you’ll have the opportunity to not only coach others, but also to shape our newest Sales training programs as we design, test, and launch them to new and existing clients.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You love Sales, and have a passion for helping people grow.
- You have 7-10 years of sales experience, at least 5 years of which were in a quota-bearing sales role. You can draw on real examples and stories, to be seen by our clients not just as a Coach, but as a peer. Sales experience in advertising, technology, media, health, manufacturing, or financial & professional services is preferred.
- Sales management experience is preferred.
- Sales training experience is strongly preferred. If you don’t have formal experience, you are an effective trainer, mentor or coach informally. Other people tell you that you shine in these areas.
- You are at a point in your career where you have flexibility to work with us at least 3-4 days a month, with potential for more as you grow with us.
- You have a terrific personality, are charismatic, can remember names, and can connect with people from diverse backgrounds.
- You have a positive outlook, good follow-through, and no drama.
- You are a lifelong learner, and you embrace feedback as a gift that helps you grow.
- You have mastered the English language and can deliver complex training programs in English. Native proficiency in another language is a plus.
- You are excited to learn and deliver training according to the Own The Room methodology. At the same time, you can innovate, think on your feet and react to unexpected obstacles, all while maintaining a sense of humor.
WORKING WITH OWN THE ROOM
- Most Own The Room Coaches work as independent contractors, with the amount of work each month varying depending on many different factors. There may be opportunities for full-time employment in the future if you are interested in helping the company in other ways in addition to Coaching. We can discuss these possibilities during your initial interview.
- All Own The Room coaches have to teach our methodology at least 80% the same so we can ensure brand consistency and quality, but it should never be more than 90% the same. We don’t want robots. Each Coach brings some of her/his own ideas, stories and techniques to the training to make it customized and as magical an experience as possible for the clients. In the past, we have worked with experienced Coaches who struggled to adjust to our unique methodology; we are looking for those who can easily shift from one methodology to another. (Or as one of our Coaches said, “It’s like wrestling. I can do Freestyle or Greco-Roman. I have my old methodology and I can learn the Own The Room method. They are distinct, and I can switch between the two.”)
- Travel is a frequent reality in our business. Coaches must be excited to travel on a monthly or sometimes even weekly basis.
- Coaches who can also sell Own The Room are especially valued. It’s not a requirement of the job, but we do have a sales incentive program for our Coaches who bring in new clients.
HOW DO I APPLY TO BE AN OWN THE ROOM SALES COACH?
Our applicant pool is very competitive. We frequently receive hundreds of applications for only a handful of positions. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The next deadline for Sales Coach applications is February 15, for a new Coach training that will take place at the end of May.
Candidates must complete the online application, including credentials, and two video samples. In your first video, you will tell us why you want to be a sales coach with Own The Room AND what you are passionate about – 2 minutes or less for this video. In your second video, you will teach us any lesson related to sales in 2 minutes or less. We encourage you to have fun with these videos – use them to show us a little of your personality, use props, get creative. Our Coaching department reviews every video submission, so kindly make sure what you send us showcases the talents you can bring as an Own The Room coach. Please allow 2 weeks for us to review your initial application materials and get back to you with next steps.